This quick guide will show you the correct way to install an iCAT harness to a Lincoln Wire Feed Unit to eliminate premature failing of the harness.
- Remove the 5 off M5 cap head screws (3 shown & 2 underneath) and fit the wire feed unit away from the robot arm.
- Drive the robot so that the J3, J4, J5 & J6 axes are all set to zero degrees.
- Slide the i-CAT harness through the robot’s hollow J4.
- Fit the harness to the i-CAT / i-STM. For instructions, read our simple guides:
- Refit the wire feed unit leaving the M5 screw loose.
- Fit the harness power pin into the wire feed unit ensuring that the power pin touches the feeding plate as shown & tighten the clamp screw.
- Pull the wire feed motor as far back as possible.
- At a slow speed drive the robot so that J5 moves to -90 degrees while at the same time supporting the wire feed motor so that it is able to slide forward if necessary as the harness is drawn through the hollow J4.
- Tighten the 5 off M5 cap head screws.
Thank you once again for reading our blog and I hope you found the information useful.